substance designs jewelry, an indie collection made from handpicked and globally collected materials, is assembled by hand in the Chicago studio of Carolyn Healy. Great consideration is given to the materials, textures, colors, the way light reflects or passes through each, and the source of the components.
With years of creative experience making stained glass, a Masters in Literature, and a Design education from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Carolyn combines creativity, discipline, and keen eye for simple lines to create the substance designs jewelry line.
- every piece of jewelry you own can be a favorite.
- where we source materials matters.
- giving is a powerful act.
- if you want to live in a country that makes things, you have to buy things your country makes.
- life is a commitment to change.
About her work
All gold-filled and sterling silver chain, beads, ear wires and findings are made in the USA
Gemstones are ethically sourced from USA, India, Brazil
Gold-plated and rhodium plated components are ethically sourced from S. Korea
All packaging including earring cards and hang tabs are made in the USA